Monday, May 30, 2011

Longest day of my Life

So as you can tell today has been the longest day of my life. It began at 8:30 in the morning where my host mom Magdalena walked me to the International office which was about a twenty minute walk, but I didn't mind that because I like to walk. About ten minutes into the walk we cross over a river that runs under the city, here i met one of Magdalena's friends who also had a student with her named Alexis. We continued the rest of the walk together with them to the office.  It was there that I met all the other students that were in my program with me, so it was nice to meet them. Our teachers we met also and from there they took us on another walk to where the university actually was, another ten minute walk. Once we got there we took a placement test to see where we would be and what level of class we would take. Luckily Alexis and I wound up in the same class together. I met another girl but sadly I can't remember her name. But I know we are going to be great friends, she is from nepal and speaks way better spanish than me, so she is helping me to learn how to speak conversationally, it's amazing to see how much spanish I forgot in one semester of not having a spanish class. I also bought a phone here to be able to keep up with my friends and my family. All of this took till about 9 at night where I then walked back to my house and found one of Magdalena's daughter's there with her husband. I liked them alot, they were so nice and knew a little english so it was easier to talk with them as they could explain things to me. Also me and Magdalena are going to have a problem because she feeds me all the time. For those of you who know me, you know that I can eat like nobody's business, but I swear I have never been forced to eat so much food in my life. Magdalena piles it so high on my plate every meal to where I eat till I feel like I'm going to explode and I haven't even made a dent in the plate. So I dont know what I'm going to do about that ha. Well tomorrow I start my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment