Friday, June 24, 2011

A whole week of parties

So from Wednesday to this coming Monday had been the Fiesta del Corpus, everyday there are parades and stuff in the streets and at night there is like this huge carnival thing with rides and games and tents with restuarants and places to dance. Everything was lit up and pretty, I've never been to Las Vagus at night but I think you could compare it to something like that. So Thursday night some of my friends and I went to the carnival at night, which was so fun but also so expensive ha so I spent most of my time walking around and looking at stuff while other people went on rides that you had to pay for, but I didn't mind. Same as during the day all the ladies were dressed in really cool flaminco dresses, it just gave me a good picture of the history and traditions that Spain has, and I like how they still uphold them today. So we didn't leave the carnival till like two in the morning, which serves me right, because the next morning (today) I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning. Me and some other friends had decided to go to Nerja which is a beautiful beach about two hours away, but it's a beach just known for being beautiful so that's why we didn't go to a closer one. But man was it hot there ha, but still so beautiful. It had these huge rocks everyway in the water, and the water went right up to these cliffs covered in palm trees, like I said beautiful. Another thing Nerja is known for are these caves, so of course while we were there we took this tour of these underground caves. They were so impressive, just so big and spacious, I dont really know how to describe it, but I liked what I saw. So all that pretty much took up the entire day ha I just got back.

On a cool, not so relevent, spiritual side note, I got to talk to this one girl about the Bible today. I mean it wasn't anything that special, I didn't bridge her up or anything. She must have seen my Jesus bracelet cause she asked me what it means when people compare something to "manna from heaven", so I got to explain to her the story of Moses and the Isrealites in captivity and how God rescued them and provided for them and stuff, it was pretty cool, it was the first time since I've been here that I've been able to have a real conversation with someone about God. So you guys should pray that I'll get more chances to have more real conversations with people. And also I've been having trouble lately with swearing, not that I am swearing, but my friends here swear alot, and when I'm surrounded by it and I hear it so much it gets hard for me to filter it out and it becomes a challenge for me where I really have to guard what i say and think about it otherwise I might say something I shouldn't, something I'd regret. So yeah pray that I'll be able to guard my mouth and be a good example of Christ to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment